William De Yaxley
Toto Corde Meo
'With All Our Hearts'
William de Yaxley C of E Academy
Landsdowne Road, Yaxley, Peterborough, PE7 3JL
01733 240323

Making a Complaint

There are times when things can go wrong in school.

We hope that such occasions are few and far between and can be resolved through an informal chat with the person concerned.

There are times however, when a more formal response is necessary.

What follows is our ‘Complaints Procedure’

Informal Complaint

1. Speak to the class teacher. Hopefully this will resolve most problems.

If not, then

2. Make an appointment to see the Headteacher.

If this doesn’t satisfy you then it is probably best to make a:

Formal Complaint

1. This should be made in writing and will normally be investigated by the Headteacher in the first instance. If the complaint directly concerns the Headteacher, complainants should contact the Chair of Governors.

2. If you are dissatisfied with the Headteacher’s response you should contact the Chair of Governors

3. The Chair of Governors will determine a method of further investigation, or may take advice from the LA Education Officer.

4. You will then receive a written response to the complaint and a meeting may be arranged.

5. In some cases, a complaint may lead to disciplinary action against an individual, for which there are separate procedures. If this is the case, the complaint will be pursued through disciplinary action. Under the Local Governing Body’s disciplinary procedures, the outcome is confidential.

If after this, you are still dissatisfied, you may:


An appeal is heard by the Grievance Panel of the Local Governing Body for a final resolution of the complaint.